Inside Information: EO® Rose & Chamomile Blend
Inside Information: EO® Rose & Chamomile Scent Blend
This week we’re taking a deeper dive into what makes the Rose & Chamomile scent blend so complex and intriguing. This blend can be found in the EO® Rose & Chamomile Body Lotion, the EO® Rose & Chamomile Shampoo, and the EO® Rose & Chamomile Conditioner.
This scent blend came about as a passion project. Susan, our co-Founder and resident alchemist, is deeply in love with Rose essential oil. Rose is one of the most rare and expensive essential oils, and when it comes to mass-producing thousands of bottles of lotion or shampoo, that cost becomes prohibitive. So, rather than replace a Rose scent with one that would be more affordable, Susan and our incredible R&D team worked tirelessly to create a blend that honored the deep and mysterious scent of Rose.
What they created is a romantic and complex blend of Rose, Bergamot, Rose Geranium, Grapefruit, Ho Wood, Lemongrass, Patchouli, Rosewood and Chamomile essential oils. These oils all have their own benefits and properties and they all remind us to feel. Let’s look at each of the oils and their benefits:
- Rose: Rose essential oil is balancing and its scent is our reminder to be lovely – to ourselves and each other. Rose essential oil is often recommended to soothe and balance both our bodies and minds.
- Bergamot: Bergamot essential oil is uplifting and calming and is our reminder to be joyful. Bergamot is often recommended to calm chaotic moods.
- Rose Geranium: Rose Geranium is similar to Rose in its effects and is our reminder to seek balance. Rose Geranium is often used to bring skin, hair, and moods back into harmony.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit essential oil is refreshing and tart, and reminds us to be bright. Grapefruit essential oil is often used to bring a little happiness into any mood.
- Ho Wood: Ho Wood has a floral and camphorous scent that reminds us to be warm. This rare and complex oil promotes a peaceful and warm state of mind.
- Lemongrass: The tart, tangy scent of Lemongrass is our gentle reminder to embrace levity. Lemongrass is often recommended for slow moving bodies, minds, and spirits.
- Patchouli: Patchouli’s grounding and earthy scent is our reminder to be where we are. Patchouli is used for skin and hair care for its ability to restore appearance of hair and skin.
- Rosewood: Rosewood has a warm and woody scent that reminds us to be openhearted and ready to both love and be loved. Rosewood is used to open the heart and supports beautiful hair and skin.
- Chamomile: Chamomile essential oil is gentle and sweet, and reminds us to be kind. Chamomile is recommended for gentle care of bodies, minds, and spirits that need a little kindness.
Together, these oils create a deeply moving and complex scent that puts us in a lovely mood while supporting naturally beautiful hair and skin. Next time you’re using an EO® Rose & Chamomile product, take a deep breath and remember how lovely you are.